Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for a Social Worker to work on a Youth Offending Team in the Derbyshire area. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible until at least the end of August 2018, subject to review and you will receive regular supervision and management/team support.
Salary: £17.05 - £20.80 per hour
To provide services across the full range of youth justice provision within a statutory framework aimed at preventing offending by children and young people. This includes responsibility for pre-Court disposals, Court Orders, working with young people within the secure estate and contributing to preventative initiatives within the context of community safety strategies. Along with other members of the team, the post holder is required to work flexible hours in providing a full range of services to children, young people, their families, victims of youth crime and the Courts.
The Youth Offending Social Worker:
* To provide social work services within the area of Youth Justice Provision, including preventative work, pre-Court interventions and responsibility for appropriate Court Orders.
* To implement national standards for Youth Justice and other standards that may be required by Youth Offending Service Management.
* To liaise with other agencies involved in the provision of Youth Justice Services and to share information as prescribed by statutory framework and local protocol.
* To contribute to multi-agency crime and disorder reduction strategies and to participate in the delivery of such services.
* To liaise with victims of youth crime and to take appropriate account of their views in delivering services for young offenders.
* To work with parents and carers of young offenders.
* To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of service delivery.
* To act as Court Officer within the Youth Court.
* To attend Reviews, Case Conferences, Youth Offending Panels and other forums as required.
* To maintain records and to provide written reports in compliance with National Standards.
* To participate in supervision, team meetings, training and staff development programmes.
* To provide support and guidance to others involved in work with young offenders, their parents and carers and victims.
* To undertake joint work with other Youth Offending Service Practitioners and other professionals in the completion of tasks.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job