We are looking to recruit a Youth Offending Case Officer within North London. The vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
- To take responsibility for the overall day to day operational delivery of service and for the direct line management and supervision of casework staff through performance management framework and submit annual appraisals for the same.
- To set targets for practitioners in line with the Performance Appraisal Development Scheme (PADS) and support staff in achieving these through regular supervision, needs led training and quality assurance mechanisms.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of young people who live or access services in, or who are looked after by the London Borough of Bromley.
- To ensure the deployment of resources maximizes the effectiveness of the service, meets the demands of the youth and crown court, the Youth Justice Board's national standards and the Youth Justice national and local performance targets.
- To ensure effective operational contribution of the service to local and national strategies including Bromley's Children and Young People's Plan, Community Safety Plan, Youth Justice Planning Framework and Local Safeguarding Business Plan.
- To have oversight of case management files and ensure work is recorded accurately within the YJB's National Standards framework and local quality assurance systems on designated management information systems, including the YOT case management system.
- To deliver services to young people consistent with Youth Justice Board National Standards, YJB Effective Practice Standards and the Children's Workforce Development Council core skills and knowledge.
- To establish, maintain and develop multi-agency working arrangements within Children's Services and wider partnership arrangements to ensure operational objectives are met, delivery of high quality integrated services for young people in the criminal justice system.
- To represent the service as directed in respect of operational issues relating to initiatives to reduce offending and re-offending, including national conferences, local multi agency public protection panels (MAPPA) and risk management arrangements.
- To liaise with court services and contribute to local court users group and youth panel meetings.
- To actively participate and contribute to the development of operational YOS policies and practice developments, inter-agency training initiatives, team meetings, supervision and any review or inspection undertaken of the service.
- To assist in the appointment of staff within the service according to local recruitment policies and procedures and identify staffing issues so appropriate action can be taken.
- To participate in occasional evening and weekend work to provide an accessible service to young people and meet health and safety arrangements.
- To undertake any such duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of the post and deputise for Youth Offending Service Manager when required.
- Post qualifying experience of working within a statutory Youth Offending Social Work team within the UK.
- Well structured organised team, growing their social worker staffing levels.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Social Care jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
- Youth Justice
- Youth Offending
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"