Youth Club lead Session Worker
Salary: £13.00ph average hours per week between 3 – 9 - each session around 2.5 hours plus paperwork.
Our client are looking for people who are passionate about the personal, educational, creative and social development of young people and helping them reach their full potential.
You will be part of a supportive environment where they help young people discover exciting new ideas and activities, laugh, learn, experiment, make mistakes and thrive all in a safe environment. Their youth clubs are volunteerled, and you will be supporting the volunteers in ensuring the club doors stay open and are interesting and exciting places for young people to gather. Our client work with ages 11 -17.
Key responsibilities of the Youth Club lead Session Worker:
- To deliver a programme of activities for those people within the project/assignment. Each assignment requires activity planning and budget management.
- To ensure the safety of children, young people and other adults participating in the activity programme.
- To assist in providing sickness and holiday cover in order to maintain the efficient running of the project.
- To develop trusting and friendly relationships with individual young people, other agencies and where appropriate parents.
- To advise the organisation of any concerns relating to young people participating in the programme.
- To attend team meetings and liaise with other agencies and professionals.
- To complete all paperwork, including activity plans, budget, session plans and debriefs testimonials and feedback from the young people and reports to the management committee within the club, and the CEO of Surrey Clubs. As well as expenses and timesheets for your own use.
Requirements of the Youth Club lead Session Worker:
As a Youth Club lead Session Worker you will be leading team of volunteers, and they will look to you to run the club each session you attend, this will include writing up session plans and distributing them prior to the session, ensuring all the equipment required is in place and allocating roles within the clubs for the volunteers. You will be friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven, able to work independently and as part of a team. You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish positive relationships with children and young people, good organisational and administration skills.
Their Youth clubs are throughout Surrey, so preferably you will need to be able to drive. Current/Valid DBS check preferred. Evening availability required as the clubs are only open weekday evenings.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Youth Club lead Session Worker then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job