Young Persons Coach
Hours: Part Time
Closing Date: 21st September 2018 (Noon)
Our client has a great opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their team in Exeter providing focused support for young people.
They require a Young Persons Coach to provide high quality emotional and practical support to a caseload of young people leaving care, who are at risk of homelessness, to address the underlying issues and individual challenges they face, and embark on a pathway to independence, education and employment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working with young people.
- Understanding of causes or homelessness
- Up-to-date working knowledge of housing options, welfare rights and benefits.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
The successful candidates will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build positive and effective working relationships with young people, professionals, family members and other organisations
- Complete holistic assessments with young people, leading to the development of support plans which meet individual goals.
- Implement person-centred packages of support particularly around tenancy and independent living skills, managing on a budget, maximising income and how to be a responsible tenant.
- Actively support young people to access any other specialist services they may benefit from such as mental health and substance misuse support, and employment and training providers.
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please click on 'Apply Now' and complete an online application form.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"