My Client is a leading Provider of care to young people and they are looking to recruit some young person's support workers on a permanent basis.
This position is based in the Preston area and the young people are aged from 16 - 18 years.
NVQ 3 Children and Young People / Health and Social Care (preferably, not essential)
1 years experience in a similar setting
- To provide 24/7 Support to Vulnerable People within a shared or independent unit.
- To assist the Young Person’s allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
- Experience of working in a residential unit is essential, minimum 2 years.
- Experience of Challenging Behaviour
- Experience of Mental Health
- To accurately record, create, maintain and update manual and electronic records in respect of the Young People.
- To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Young People, Clients and Company.
- Sleeping required.
- Provide transport/escort to Service Users as directed
- Conduct welcome and induction for Service Users
- Basic assessment of Service Users’ needs
- Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
- Assist in welfare and NHS issues
- Preparation of reports
- Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
- Maintaining regular contact with Service Users
- Informing Service Users of support groups
- Assist Move-On of Service Users
You must have a current DBS dated within 1 year and preferably be subscribed to the DBS update service.
- Child Protection
- Mental Health
- Young People