My Client is a leading Providor of care to young people and children and is looking to recruit some children's residential support workers to work Adhoc shifts.
This position is based in the Preston area and the Children are aged between 7 - 15 years old.
NVQ 3 Children and Young People / Health and Social Care (preferably, not essential)
1 years experience in a similar setting
- To provide 24/7 Support to Vulnerable People within a shared or independent unit.
- To assist the Young Person’s allocated Social Worker in the delivery of the service.
- Experience of working in a residential unit is essential, minimum 2 years.
- Experience of Challenging Behaviour
- Experience of Mental Health
- To accurately record, create, maintain and update manual and electronic records in respect of the Young People.
- To observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of the Young People, Clients and Company.
- Sleeping required.
- Provide transport/escort to Service Users as directed
- Conduct welcome and induction for Service Users
- Basic assessment of Service Users’ needs
- Provide ongoing support and monitoring of Service Users
- Assist in welfare and NHS issues
- Preparation of reports
- Arrange appointments with various partner agencies
- Maintaining regular contact with Service Users
- Informing Service Users of support groups
- Assist Move-On of Service Users
You must have a current DBS dated within 1 year and preferably be subscribed to the DBS update service.
- Child Protection
- Young People