An opportunity to support young carers who need a helping hand
Location:Homeworking, visits required (across Craven & Harrogate)
Salary: £15,839 per annum, pro rata
Contract: Permanent, part-time
Hours: 22 hours per week, flexible up to 7 days*
How does Action for Children work?
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 300,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
What is the service all about?
You will be working in our Young Carers Service based with Action for Children, a charity committed to helping the most vulnerable children, young people and families facing a wide range of social issues.
We are commissioned by North Yorkshire County Council to support young carers: a young carer can be defined by someone under the age of 18 who takes responsibility or care for a family member, friend or relative on a majority basis.
We support the young carers, by allowing them the chance to have time to their selves, having someone to talk to, advising on their questions & helping plan for the future and next steps.
So where do you come in?
You will come in to help support the service in a range of homes, schools, venues and mutually arranged locations - travel will be required because of this
You will do this by:
- Identifying potential young carers in need of our service
- Raising awareness of the service and its benefits
- Providing direct support to young carers in need
- Partaking and reviewing young carers assessments
- Understanding and acting on young carers requirements
- Providing personal guidance and support
- Arranging attendance to specialist services
- Arranging help from outside agencies, such as youth services
And what will you need?
To be considered you will require:
- A relevant childcare or young people qualification
- Experience of working with vulnerable and disadvantaged people
- Experience of working 1:1 with young people
- Knowledge of current social, economic, mental & emotional health issues
- A positive, empathetic attitude
- A full driving licence and access to a car
What are the rewards?
In return, we'll give you:
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- An impressive pension match scheme, up to 7% of your annual salary dependent on contribution
- Discounts at major high street retailers
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives.
For more information please email .uk for a response about your enquiry.
*weekends & evening work will occasionally be required
Interviews will be anticipated for Thursday 5th September in Thornaby.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'