Young Carers Support Coordinator
Action for Carers (Surrey) is a local charity which supports unpaid adult and young carers across Surrey. Our offices are at Astolat, Coniers Way, Burpham, Guildford, GU4 7HL.
Exact working hours:
18 hours per week over 3 days. One working day must be Tuesday.
The pro rata salary for this 18 hour per week role is £14,108.
About the Role
About the Role
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Surrey Young Carers. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can manage a caseload of young carers, conducting family and young carer assessments, facilitate issue-based groups and 1:1 sessions to meet their individual needs. You will work in partnership with health, social care and educational professionals to help identify and support young carers.
In this varied and rewarding role you will engage, motivate, advocate for and support young carers and in doing so you will make a real difference to young carers within Surrey.
You will be based at our offices in Burpham on a Tuesday and your remaining working hours will be spent engaging with young carers in their homes, schools or within groups in the Mole Valley, Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead areas using your home as an office base.
- Process new referrals and conduct family and young carer assessments
- Manage a caseload of young carers; engaging, motivating and supporting them to achieve agreed outcomes and carry out regular reviews.
- Plan, lead and deliver group sessions and attend events.
- Provide reports and evaluations as required, keep up to date case notes and records of work with Young Carers.
- Provide signposting and advocacy to Young Carers.
- Raise awareness of Young Carer issues in School and attendance at external meetings with professionals.
You must have:
- Experience of working with children, young people and families. e.g. in social work /health /education /youth service /voluntary sector settings
- Awareness of issues surrounding Young Carers
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, as some weekend and evening work is occasionally required.
- Ability to form good working relationships with young people, their families and professionals:
- Have a full driving licence and use of car.
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to carers of all ages across Surrey.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Action for Carers (Surrey) is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'