Young Carer Education Advisor
Action for Carers (Surrey) is a local charity which supports unpaid adult and young carers across Surrey. Our offices are at Astolat, Coniers Way, Burpham, Guildford, GU4 7HL.
Exact working hours:
18 hours per week over 3 days. One working day must be Tuesday. The pro rata salary for the 18 hours per week role is £14,108.
About the Role
About the Role
Want to make a difference? We are looking for a Young Carers Education Advisor to advocate and promote young carers rights in Education settings.
The successful candidate will be working 18 hours a week which will include one day at our offices in Burpham and the remaining hours from home or within the Mole Valley, Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead areas.
- To have an on-going presence in Educational Establishments
- To arrange presentations, drop-in, groups and assemblies
- Make regular contact with Surrey Educational consortiums (schools/ colleges/ Governors)
- To coordinate and deliver teacher training, Governor training and PSHE lessons
- To promote YC rights, relevant YC and SYC resources
- Encourage and facilitate the establishment of young carer groups in schools and monitor for continuity on a monthly basis in order to step back in as required
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience of working with children, young people and families. e.g. in social work /health /education /youth service /voluntary sector settings
- An understanding of issues surrounding Carers rights
- Ideally will have experience of working in schools or other youth education setting
- Ideally will have experience of delivering presentations and training to children and professionals
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level. Interviews will be held on the afternoon / evening of the 13th September.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Action for Carers (Surrey) is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'