Smart meters are doing away with unexpected bills and customers having to take their own meter readings. At E.ON, we’re all for making our customers’ lives easier. But it’s a massive, nationwide undertaking. Join us for a Year in Industry placement and you’ll help support and deliver insight for the compliant delivery to our customers of smart meters by 2020.
What you’ll do
During this Year in Industry placement, you’ll work across the unit to understand just what action needs to be taken by our operational colleagues to support the smart meter rollout. This includes:
- Analysing data, research and customer interactions to see that we’re adhering to operational processes
- Reporting on findings and feeding those back to the management and senior leadership team
- Working with operational and support colleagues to rectify any issues highlighted and identifying actions to keep us on track.
What’s more, this placement intends to prepare you for a future with us. Shine, and you could be fast-tracked to the last stage of assessment for one of our graduate schemes. Equally, with the chance to explore our business whilst you’re here, you never know what other career opportunities it could lead to.
What we’re looking for
- You’re working towards a 2:1 degree in a business, finance or numerical related degree.
- You have strong analytical skills and a talent for interpreting data.
- You must be meticulous when it comes to attention to detail.
- You’re confident in dealing with people at all levels across the organisation.
- You are willing to challenge the status quo and keen to suggest how we can improve.
- Ideally, you have a basic understanding of smart meters and what that means to E.ON and our customers.
This role is based in Oakstead Court, Nottingham.
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
For more information on reasonable adjustments click here.
To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to apply well in advance.
Please remember that we only want you to apply for the role you think is most suitable for you, and therefore you may only apply for one scheme.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of thousands of people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job