Year 5 Teacher
The role of a Year 5 Teacher has become available in a Wakefield Primary School. Looking for experienced and professional candidates to fulfil the schools needs on an ongoing part time basis. The role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- To plan outstanding quality, appropriate, differentiated learning for all children, monitoring progress and intervening when there is under performance.
- Create a high quality, rich, stimulating, safe and enabling learning environment.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly to ensure effective planning, successful learning, better than expected progress and accurate and moderated assessment outcomes.
- Manage the learning environment, resources and time to ensure effective learning takes place.
- Monitor and celebrate children's learning, progress and achievement and record and report upon progress, including details on attendance, behaviour, development and additional needs.
- Have a detailed professional knowledge of the Key Stage 3.
- To assess pupil development in line with the schools assessment policy.
- To work effectively with TAs and other colleagues who support children in their learning and beyond.
- To maintain a positive attitude, seeking to bring out the best in learners and having high expectations for all.
- Establish positive relationships with parents and carers, ensuring parental involvement in learning and progress.
- Constantly strive to improve own performance and identify areas for self - improvement, attending appropriate training.
- To keep own CPD record up to date.
- To undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by the line manager and commensurate with the post.
The Successful Applicant must have:
- Accurate self assessment.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Proven experience of teaching in a Primary School.
- Initiative and dedication.
- Adaptability and transparency Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of effective and outstanding teaching and learning.
- Preparation of schemes of work.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding lessons.
- Knowledge and understanding of areas of learning and subject area.
- Principles and practices of monitoring, assessment and evaluation.
Interested? Get in touch! please send your cv to and a member of the team will be delighted to help. Want to know more about the other positions we have to offer? Send your cv to the same address with a short email to tell us more!