Year 4 Teaching Assistant - Full-time - Ref 2011019
We are currently recruiting for a Rhyl primary school who require an additional teaching assistant to work within one of their Year 4 classes. The ideal candidate would have exceptional behaviour management skills on both a 1-1 basis and leading small groups, as well as experience of a variety of ALN issues. This is a full-time and ongoing role, starting immediately with no fixed end date. Your duties will be to:
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes.
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of pupils.
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with incidents in line with established policy and encourage the pupil to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- To aid pupils in their learning as effectively as possible by giving positive encouragement to reinforce self-esteem and confidence in each task.
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Provide regular feedback on learning and development to the teacher and other professionals.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work.
What to expect from Excell Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £50 per referral
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Access to discounts with over 3000 retailers via our Excell Rewards Programme
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.