Year 4/5 Teacher
Key Stage 2 Teacher looking for a new challenge to embed yourself and exhaust your skill set? Dedicated to pupil progress and shares a creative view on learning?
Randstad Education are looking to appoint a Year 4/5 Teacher to join a lively and forward thinking Primary school in the Halifax area! We are excited to speak with individuals who have their QTS and have proven, solid experience of teaching in a Key Stage 2 Year Group and can demonstrate the ability to build strong, effective relationships with pupils and staff.
The role will include the following duties:
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to childrens learning, provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
- To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver full coverage of the statutory curriculum ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects, setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities, including SEN and more able and talented pupils, setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils learning.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of childrens progress.
- To mark and monitor pupils work and set targets for progress, and prepare appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- To participate in staff meetings as and when required.
- Contribute to the development and co-ordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, and methods of teaching.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their childrens education, academic, social and emotional.
- To continue with professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To meet with parents and appropriate agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
- To support the Headteacher in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children though relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Where possible and agreed with Headteacher, to undertake planned supervision of pupils out of school hours learning activities.
- Teaching an engaging and interactive class of children
- Competitive salary
- Holidays as per the School
- Pension contribution
- Free Parking
If you would like to be considered for this role, apply now with an up to date CV and a member of the Primary Team will be in touch!