A School in Central London are looking for a year 3 Teaching Assistant (Autism) with experience in working in a learning SEN hub. The hub has 8 children and an SEN teacher at the moment. The role will be 1:1 with an ASC child in the mornings and in the afternoon would be speech and language.
The school are looking for a long term, committed staff. The school are looking for passionate and experienced teaching assistants, who have the training and a good understanding of the needs of ASC and BESD pupils. The school has an Ofsted rating (Good). The infrastructure of the school is fabulous.
The school are looking for people who have worked in a similar setting and have something new to offer. To work in this environment, you must have excellent ASC management skills and have the patience to support young people from challenging backgrounds. The position is to mentor the young individual, give guidance, counselling and support, as well as supporting their behaviour and learning.
- Experience delivering specialist interventions with autistic children and/or children with speech & language difficulties
- Exceptional communicators and strong team-players
- Able to fit in well with the supportive staff-team at the school
- A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with SEN children
- Previous experience working with autism is essential for this role
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
- Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
The school offers:
- A large and well-resourced SEN provision
- A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
- Dedicated and passionate support staff
- Excellent career development opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to an already flourishing department and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Business Development Manager Nick Stanley as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'