Year 2 Teacher
Are you a Qualified Teacher looking to utilise your skill set in a Primary School? Do you have experience of teaching Year 1 or 2?
A well established, lively Primary School in Leeds are currently looking for an experienced and professional teacher to join their team on a contract basis from as soon as possible until the end of the Academic Year.
The role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- To plan outstanding quality, appropriate, differentiated learning for all children, monitoring progress and intervening when there is underperformance.
- Create a high quality, rich, stimulating, safe and enabling learning environment.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly to ensure effective planning, successful learning, better than expected progress and accurate and moderated assessment outcomes.
- Manage the learning environment, resources and time to ensure effective learning takes place. Monitor and celebrate childrens learning, progress and achievement and record and report upon progress, including details on attendance, behaviour, development and additional needs.
- Have a detailed professional knowledge of the Year 2 including an understanding of the progression of phonics and end of Year testing.
- To assess pupil development in line with the schools assessment policy.
- To work effectively with TAs and other colleagues who support children in their learning and beyond.
- To maintain a positive attitude, seeking to bring out the best in learners and having high expectations for all.
- Establish positive relationships with parents and carers, ensuring parental involvement in learning and progress.
- Constantly strive to improve own performance and identify areas for self - improvement, attending appropriate training.
- To undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by the line manager and commensurate with the post.
The Successful Applicant must:
- Be Qualified Teacher Status.
- Hold proven experience of teaching in a Primary School - ideally Year 1 or 2.
- Have solid dedication to teaching and progression.
- Principles and practices of effective and outstanding teaching and learning.
- Have the ability to prepare schemes of work.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding lessons.
- Hold knowledge and understanding of areas of learning and subject area.
- Principles and practices of monitoring, assessment and evaluation.
If you think this role would be suitable for you and wish to be considered, please apply now with an up to date CV.
If this role isn't quite for you but you would like to register with Randstad Education for other opportunities, please browse our live jobs at www.randstadeducation.co.uk