Your new role
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work with a child in Year 2. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing tailored assistance to help the pupil reach their potential. The role will involve supporting the child with their learning and behavioural difficulties, and ensuring that their care needs are met. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Delivering 1:1 support to the pupil to ensure that their needs are met
- Providing tailored assistance to help the pupil reach their potential
- Developing a supportive and secure relationship with the child that is built on respect, inclusivity and which promotes self-esteem
- Ensuring that the pupil's wellbeing is safeguarded and protected
- Supporting the pupil with their learning and behavioural difficulties
- Delivering specific intervention programmes and needs as required
- Providing feedback on the pupil's progress to parents and school staff
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior experience working with children with SEND
- A good understanding of the pupil's needs
- Confidence in one's ability to provide effective support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A patient and empathetic approach
- A commitment to safeguarding and protecting the pupil's wellbeing
- A willingness to stay up-to-date with educational policy developments and other factors which may influence the role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'