**Year 2 class teacher **
**Excellent CPD available**
**Young and forward thinking Headteacher**
**Located in South West London**
This vibrant school located in the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is seeking a Year 2 (Key Stage 1) class teacher for September 2018 The two form entry school has some excellent opportunities for career progression with supportive staff and fantastic facilities.
The Teacher of a Year 2 Class will deliver high quality teaching to students while maintaining the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom.
We will offer you:
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - CPD offered across the trust and a partnership with local schools
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- A friendly, welcoming, hardworking and dedicated team - a real sense of unity
- A team approach to planning and reviewing approaches to teaching and learning
- Enthusiastic and diligent children with excellent behaviour
- Supportive parents, carers and community
As part of this role you will be required to ensure that the organisation of classroom preparation meets the varying learning, social and emotional needs of the students. You will be expected to provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all students. The Key Stage one (KS1) team work closely together to plan the long, medium and short term curriculum for each class and individual children. As part of this you will need to ensure that effective assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students is carried out according to school policy; this will be done by setting clear targets, based on prior attainment, for students' learning.
- Provide stimulating and academically rigorous teaching of a Year 2 Class,
- Keep up-to-date with current developments in content and methods of the national curriculum, whilst having some knowledge of the content and methodology of the KS1 National Curriculum
- Help to implement the national Curriculum with key skills at the core;
- Implement strategies to continue the rise in academic achievement;
- Develop teaching resources with the Year 2 team, particularly with regard to differentiation for students of different abilities and the increased use of ICT;
- Maintain a sequence of classroom displays and other curriculum materials, to create a stimulating and welcoming environment;
- Make a full and dynamic contribution to the Lower School and its extra-curricular activities.
If you would like to join this happy school as a Year Two Teacher you will need:
- to be a qualified teacher with QTS
- empathetic to the school's ethos, although the school has staff from a range of faiths and backgrounds
- experience in either early years (EYFS) or Key Stage One (KS1)
- to have a DBS on the update service, or be willing to process a new DBS
- be able to provide referee details to cover the last 5 years of experience.
To apply to this role please email Luke at Reeson Education today with your CV and a covering letter.