Year 1 Teacher Job, Borough of Croydon
I am currently working with a diverse and friendly primary school in Croydon, who are seeking a Year 1 teacher to join their school ASAP. The role is a long term position, and will be full time until the end of the academic year.
About the role:
You will be teaching a class of 30 mixed ability pupils, with varying SEN and EAL. There are 2 new starters to English in the class, however these children receive specialist support and are taken out of the classroom for interventions sessions, and integrated into the mainstream classroom and supported by a TA. There are no particular behavioural issues to be aware of. You will be responsible for planning and delivering a creative, broad and balanced curriculum, which enables all children to achieve, regardless of their ethnic background or academic ability.
About the school:
You will be joining a vibrant school with a good reputation and a strong senior leadership team, who offer regular CPD opportunities. The school has a strong sense of community, with children at the centre, and staff are committed to ensuring that children feel safe and appropriately supported, creating a positive learning environment where pupils can excel. The school is conveniently located, close to local transport links, and hosts modern facilities including a well-equipped independent learning area and state of the art library.
In order to be considered for the role, you must…
- Have QTS and be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a valid DBS or be willing to apply for one
- Have a sound understanding of the KS1 National Curriculum and previous experience teaching in this Key Stage
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be confident in independently planning and delivering fun and engaging activities
- Have the ability to work successfully as an individual and as part of a team
If you are interested, please click apply now to send an updated copy of your CV, or call Sophie Tyte on for more information.