My client based in North Killingholme is currently looking for a Yardman to work 38.5 hours per week.
The role will be on a 2 shift system the basic hours are 38.5 hours per week plus overtime when available. The candidate must have a FLT License
Monday 06.00 -14.30
Wednesday 06.00 -14.30
Thursday 06.00- 14.00
Friday 12.30- 20.00
Duties to include:
- To wash and valet machines ready for despatch to a high a standard.
- To book in machines from the docks as & when required, checking for damage and obvious faults and then parking them in the allocated area in an orderly, tidy manner.
- To maximise available yard space for machines and implement storage.
- To ensure the yard area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To safely load machinery onto low loaders prior for despatch, to liaise with MPC admin & Transport Company drivers, to meet the arranged deadlines and delivery schedules.
- To assist, with the booking in and controlling of all couriers in / out of the Immingham depot, keeping accurate records of all movements and any items received or delivered.
- To have a keen eye; and ensure all work carried is carried out to the highest standards.
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary within your area of responsibility, as requested by the relevant manager/s or other persons in authority at the depot
- To conduct oneself in a courteous, orderly & responsible manner at all times.
- To ensure you follow & adhere to the company procedures in conjunction with OHSAS 18001/1994, Health and Safety ISO 14001 Enviromental ISO 14001 & ISO 9001 Quality Policy, that may apply to your area of responsibility.
- To assist wherever necessary to keep the work place in high standard of cleanliness, at all times
- To submit work records / timesheets, filled in correctly on a daily basis
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Work to high standards.
- The ability to work as part of a team and have good communication skills
- Will be highly responsible, reliable, honest, trustworthy and a good timekeeper.
- Will have high housekeeping standards
- Be cheerful, co-operative and flexible at all times.
- Be able to drive and handle heavy construction machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prioritize Workload
- heavy plant machinery
- machine prep
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job