A global company who have recently purchased a new facility in Swansea. The business is in a strong financial position and has benefited from significant investment over the last 15 years. The organisation has an inclusive, dynamic culture which rewards loyalty and hard work.
As the yard supervisor, you will look after a team of three people, reporting to a senior manager at another facility in South Wales. Responsibilities will include: -
- Implementing safety and environmental policies.
- Managing all traffic onsite including, lorries, vans, mobile equipment and contractor vehicles.
- Managing stockpiles, optimising the height and pile capacities without compromising safety.
- Involvement in improvement projects, providing ideas and actions to achieve targets.
- Coordinating the tipping of lorries.
- Inspecting of all incoming materials.
- Delivering training on safety, environmental issues and material identification.
- Monitoring team performance to achieve agreed tonnage output targets.
- Managing the team to make sure equipment is used to maximise capacity and to increase the volume of material being processed.
- Overseeing the loading of vessels and rail wagons, producing documentation for road, vessel and rail movements.
To be successful in your application for the yard supervisor role you will meet the following criteria: -
- Must be happy to work outdoors all year round.
- Must have experience of leading small teams.
- Have a background working in a yard, warehouse, production or stores environment.
- Good knowledge of health and safety.
- Ideally, you will have a WAMITAB or CoTC qualification.
- A knowledge of rail and or port operations would be an advantage.
- Good computer skills.
In return, the yard supervisor will receive a salary of between £30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits. Hours of work will be around 8am until 4pm Monday - Friday.
NOTE you will need to speak with a consultant BEFORE we can progress your application. By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database.
- yard supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job