Yard Supervisor - Construction industry supplier!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high growth company that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. This role would suit someone with a strong desire to be part of the continued success of this organisation. There is also the opportunity to benefit from a competitive hourly rate
This is a new role in the depot so will be a great opportunity for someone to make it their own and add real value being the number two at the depot.
Our client is a UK based supplier of solutions to the rail and construction industries.
Essential requirements: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record as a Yard Supervisor or similar role and will have:
- Experience working in a busy yard within the plant and hire industry - Desirable
- Supervisory or Team Leader experience
- A knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Full clean drivers licence
- Hold an 18 tonne Counter Balance licence - desirable
- Good attention to detail
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Be professional and enthusiastic
This role will involve working as part of a team, working within a busy yard, ensuring all work is booked in accurately and on time.
Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Supervising all work closely with yard operatives
- Distribution of all work load to team
- Working closely with stores, quality PDI’s, and yard personnel to ensure smooth running of the yard
- Assisting the depot manager with weekly talks
- Vehicle loading/unloading of product in addition to loading/unloading of the washer bay and fitter bay areas
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety in the work place
- To ensure all relevant paperwork has been completed correctly
Salary/Package: £12 per hour - depending on experience. Hours of work; Monday to Thursday 7.45am - 4.30pm and Friday 8am - 4.40pm - 39.5 hours a week, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, discount scheme and employee health cover.
This role would suit somebody with previous experience as: Yard Supervisor, Yard Team Leader, Depot Supervisor, Depot Team Leader, Site Foreman, Site Supervisor or Site Team Leader
Apply now to avoid missing out on this great opportunity!
- Yard Management
- Counter Balance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"