Lloyd Recruitment Services are pleased to be working with a reputable business based on the outskirts of East Grinstead who are currently in search of a Yard Person to join their team.
You will be an important part of delivering the next stage of growth as a market leader. You will be able to make a real difference, your contribution will be recognised, and you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
As a member of our Yard Team you will be responsible for the day to day running of the yard under the Branch Manager.
What's in it for you?
- Salary £24K depending on experience
- Branch performance bonus and paid overtime
- No overnight stays or late evenings, providing you with work/life balance
- Staff discount across the business
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Ongoing development and progression opportunities and Employee Assistance Programme
- Free UNUM NHS Top-Up Personal Health Cash Plan (money back on optical, dental, therapies and other benefits)
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Assist with picking and loading of company vehicles, in line with health and safety procedures and company policy, as and when required
- Ensure that customers are served promptly and efficiently at all times
- Ensure that the yard is kept tidy at all times, stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels are high-lighted where necessary
- Ensure forklifts and other plant are used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety guidelines and daily checks are completed
- Ensure that department assets are well maintained and protected from possible damage and theft
- Perform any other reasonable duty as may be required by the company
Essential person specification:
- Minimum GCSE's grade C or above in Maths & English or equivalent
- Builders merchants experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Strong team player who works as part of a team and independently
- Forklift truck licence preferable although training can be provided
Hold a valid driving licence and own vehicle
Full time, Permanent social working hours between the hours of 7:00am - 5pm and alternate Saturdays 8am-12pm (time off in lieu)
Lloyd Recruitment Services would like to thank you for taking the time to apply, however due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'