Red Rock Partnership Ltd are delighted to be working in partnership with their prestigious client based across East Sussex who are currently looking for an experienced Yard Person to join their busy team.
Our client is a well established, independent builder’s merchants who supply a huge range of building, plumbing and joinery materials across the region.
Responsible for receiving stock into the yard and allocating it into the appropriate location in an accurate, timely and safe manner. Deal with customer requirements, ensuring required goods are successfully located and loaded as per the customer’s instructions, as well as the completion of the associated administrative processes.
Other Duties Include:
- Contributes to the team by maintaining effective levels of communication to achieve shared objectives.
- Contributes to the team’s improvement processes.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships
- Promotes a high level of customer service by ensuring correct materials are provided
- Checks that the customer is satisfied and whether any further assistance is required
- Prepared to help with all additional customer requirements
- Checks that goods are correctly delivered against purchase orders and delivery/advice notes
- Puts goods away accurately and safely following company health and safety procedures
- Accurately picks, packs and labels goods going out to customers and other branches
- Loads all goods onto vehicle ensuring that the relevant paperwork is completed and included
- Maintains yard space (i.e. sweeping and tidying) and adhered to health and safety guidelines
- Advises of shortages or low stock levels when appropriate
- Acts when equipment shows visible evidence for need for repair or maintenance and ensures the equipment is correctly immobilised and parked when not in use.
- Follows procedures for securing premises, equipment, and stock as per the company’s financial management policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the health, safety and environment rules and regulations
- Able to perform manual handling and become qualified in use of appropriate fork lift.
- Maintains a high level of housekeeping within the section and branch.
- Maintains a tidy and hazard free working environment
- Focuses on getting tasks finished by being methodical, organised and systematic, persists until the job is done.
- Effective communication skills in a variety of situations.
- Follows rules and regulations.
- Needs to achieve targets, strives to overcome difficult challenges.
- Thrives on meeting people, harmonious team work and helping others
- Forklift Licence is essential for this role.
Hours and Salary:
- The branch opening hours are Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 17.30pm and Saturdays from 8.00am to 12.00pm. You would be required to work 45 hours per week between these opening hours.
- £18,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the above we would be delighted to receive your application.
Red Rock Partnership Ltd are working as a recruiting partner to handle all recruitment activity.
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest.
- Customer Service
- Fork Lift
- Forklift Operator
- Yard Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'