Our client is based 10 miles South of Grantham in Lincolnshire.
They are looking ro recruit 2 x Yard Persons to join their exisiting team.
Having your own transport is essential for this opportunity.
The Yard Assistant is responsible for the daily yard jobs given by the Site Manager. This includes loading/unloading containers, trucks and cleaning machines. Have machines in place for PDI and Service. Will also be responsible for cleaning and tidying the yard. Maintain and inspected the tools needed to support the Job, for example; Forklifts, Cleaning workshops, yard and including equipment.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
Loading/unloading containers and trucks, arranging machines for PDI and Service
Cleaning machines for collection and taking care of Yard forklifts
Function testing and rotate charging of machines to ensure highest quality standards.
Assist the business by contributing reliable, on-time performance on a daily basis.
To adhere to safety working practices and ensure that they are followed at all times.
Carry out a robust pre-inspection on all machines for collections.
Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment.
Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
Demonstrate ability to work flexibly and on their own using own initiative.
- Fork lift operation licence/experience
- IPAF licence advantageous (otherwise training will be given)
- Experience with work platforms is an advantage
- Knowledge of AWP products
- Ability and willingness to undergo in-house training on all products.
- Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving abilities
- Takes initiative and has a "can-do mentality’’
- Capability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Disciplined and flexible
- Cultural awareness to secure smooth cooperation and communication with team members
- Eager to learn
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm with overtime available at peak times
Please apply now for immediate consideration
- Forklift Operator
- Yard Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job