This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for the BCA Branch Operations, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
To assist with the daily operations of a busy auction centre.
- Store and park all vehicles on site between the yard and the auction halls, via agreed valet/wash services, so that vehicles enter and leave the auction halls in accordance with the notified sale day programme.
- Barcode all new vehicles on arrival and tag keys.
- Electronically Log and remove any valuable items left in vehicle.
- Be responsible for jump starting vehicles when needed, on-site training provided.
- Line and lot vehicles for auction, ensuring they are neat, tidy and presentable for auction.
- Maintain a safe driving standard and adhere to speed limits on site at all times. Take care and responsibility of all cars in your care and adhere to site and national speed limits at all times.
- Ensure that the Company’s health and safety standards and practices are adhered to in the yard & halls so that accidents to vehicles and people are prevented.
- Politely refer any issues, queries or complaints to the relevant manager.
- Undertake any other tasks in the yard department to ensure that operational requirements are met.
The yard & halls activities are predominantly undertaken outdoors, this means the job holder necessarily spends a significant proportion of their time exposed to all weather conditions throughout the year.
A flexible approach to working hours is required to meet the needs of the business which are driven by the auctions.
Must hold a valid UK Driving License
Must have a good understanding of English for safety reasons in the yard environment
Able to follow instructions and work to tight deadlines
Willingness to help other departments out when needed
Previous driving experience
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm including some weekends which will be paid as overtime. 8am until 12pm.
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 23 days holiday
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Uniform provided (excluding footwear)
Staff reward scheme and discounts
Company pension scheme
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!