BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Part Operative to work 20 hours a week based at our Auction Centre in Wolverhampton.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Working in our busy auction centre, the main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the safe movement of vehicles through the halls and around the site.
- Store and park all vehicles on site between the yard and the auction halls via agreed valet/wash services, so that all vehicles enter and leave the auction halls in accordance with the notified sale day programme.
- Line and lot vehicles ready for auction, ensuring they are neat,tidy and presentable.
- Maintain a safe driving standard and adhere to speed limits on site at all times
- Take care and responsibility of all cars in your care
- Safely collect and deliver customer cars as and when required
- Ensure that the company health and safety standards and practices are adhered to in the yard and halls so that accidents to vehicles and people are prevented
- Politely refer any issues, queries or complaints to the relevant managers
- Undertake any cross functional tasks in the yard and ensure that all operational requirements are met
- Undertake ad hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
- A Full UK Driving Licence is required and evidence of this will need to be seen if invited to interview
- The yard and halls activities are predominantly undertaken outdoors, this means the job holder will need to spend a significant proportion of their time exposed to all weather conditions
- A flexible approach to working hours is required to meet the needs of the business, which will be driven by the auctions.
- Flexible Approach