Yard Operative / Yard Hand
Location: Perth, Central Scotland
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Benefits: Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday to working time, plus statutory entitlement and death in service benefit.
We have a vacancy for a Yard Operative / Yard Hand at our Perth site.
As a member of the site yard/filling team, the main purpose of the role is maintain Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder stocks and provide an efficient turnaround of vehicles whilst maintaining health & safety standards at the site.
- Filling of LPG cylinders in accordance with company standards & codes of practice
- Ensuring cylinder filling stocks meets with supply & demand
- Loading and unloading of cylinders on vehicles and trailers
- Be active in the reporting of 'near misses’
- Complying to Flogas operating procedures and works instructions
- Handling of heavy objects
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Have a positive attitude towards Health & Safety
- Able to multi task effectively
- Able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Be able to handle heavy objects
- Experience of safe handling and storage of dangerous goods
- Counter balance Fork-Lift truck licence
- Full Driving licence
What do we want from you?
You will be flexible and hardworking and be able to work within a physically demanding role, which involves manual handling of cylinders and other manual work as required for extended periods of time. You will need to be able to work as part of a team or on your own initiative with little supervision as and when required and be able to follow instruction.
Flogas Britain is an equal opportunities employer.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety
- Yard Operative
- Yard Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job