Yard Hand / Yard Operative
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 45 Hours per week
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Staff incentive bonus scheme 25 days holiday to working time, plus statutory entitlement and death in service benefit.
We have a vacancy for a Yard Hand / Yard Operative at our Avonmouth Retail Centre.
As a member of the site yard team, the main purpose of the role is to maintain Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder stocks and provide an efficient turnaround of vehicles whilst maintaining health & safety standards at the site.
Yard Hand / Yard Operative - About the role:
- Ensuring cylinder stocks meets with supply & demand
- Loading and unloading cylinders on vehicles and trailers
- Be active in the reporting of "near misses"
- Complying to Flogas operating procedures and works instructions
- Handling of heavy objects
- Face to face customer serving
- Adhoc cover in the office, including administrative duties
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Have a positive attitude towards Health & Safety
- Able to multi task effectively
- Able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Be able to handle heavy objects
- Computer literate
- Hold a full driving license
- Experienced with safe handling and storage of dangerous goods
- Counter balance Fork-Lift truck licence
What do we want from you?
You will be flexible and hardworking and be able to work within a physically demanding role, which involves manual handling of cylinders and other manual work as required for extended periods of time. You will need to be able to work as part of a team or on your own initiative with little supervision as and when required and be able to follow instruction.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Yard Operative
- Yard Hand
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job