x2 Paralegal required urgently
Are you a Paralegal looking for you next challenge? Do you want to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment for a leading managed service provider?
As Paralegal, you will be working as part of a busy in-house Legal Department to pro-actively manage a high-volume caseload of litigated debt cases through the legal and/or insolvency process, with the aim to obtain financial recovery and negotiate lucrative settlements.
About the Role
- Manage a high-volume debt litigation caseload (combination of B2B and B2C customer base)
- Prepare and issue claims on MCOL in accordance with Civil Procedure Rules and progress cases through the litigation procedure
- Conduct Land Registry search and thorough traces on potential defendant individuals and companies
- Instruct Advocates for Hearings and occasional attendance at Hearings
- Work closely with Credit Control department and deliver internal training where appropriate
- Help on GDPR related matters, including inter alia, Subject Access Requests, data incidents/ breaches and GPDS related projects
- Review and advise on commercial contracts and terms and conditions on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide general administrative and litigation assistance to Manager, which includes scanning, filling, and compiling of case bundles
- Proactively complete additional tasks relating to the Legal Department as well as any instructions provided by the Manager
- Using appropriate enforcement methods to enforce CCJ’s, including regular liaison with enforcement agents / Bailiffs
- Negotiate settlements and liaise with customers / legal representatives to settle disputes pre-litigation
- Assist other department as and when required
Knowledge and Experience
- Litigation experience
- Utilities sector experience is highly desirable
- GDPR / data protection experience
- Similar in-house role experience
- Ability to progress a case through the litigation procedure strategically and without supervision
- Ability to draft statements of case with / without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present information in a structured and balanced way to both customers and other departments
- Ability to negotiate lucrative settlement without supervision
- Problem solving skills to identify solutions to issues
- Ability to prioritize effectively and ensure deadlines are met
- Drive, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Teamwork skills - working with the Legal Department as well as other departments to deliver client excellence
- Computer literate - basic word, intermediate excel skills (highly desirable)
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people - they are what makes Glide the best place to work. That is why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there is a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days, and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions, and these are celebrated with monthly 'Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards, and other awards throughout the year.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'