Technical Support Engineer, Salary Up to £25k dependant on skills / experience + career progression opportunities, Based in Whitchurch with some travel to customer sites.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to work for a forward thinking and fast-growing manufacturing / technology business. This role could suit candidates from a range of backgrounds including, but not limited to, Technical Support Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, IT Support, Electrical Technician, IT Helpdesk, Field Service Engineer, Network Engineer, Electromechanical Engineer.
The company design and manufacture laser coding and marking equipment and sell to a diverse client base, including SME’s and Blue-Chip businesses globally. Full training for the role will be provided, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience. Career development and progression opportunities will be available.
Technical Support Engineer Job Scope:
Whilst primarily the role will be mostly Head Office based at Whitchurch, there will be a requirement to attend customer sites when required.
Technical & Sales Support (in office)
- Telephone based 1st line customer support in relation to faults, upgrades, service / maintenance. Provide remote support and scheduling of engineer visits as required.
- Commissioning, configuring and preparation of laser marking systems prior to site visits.
- Preparation of appropriate equipment prior to scheduled installations or demonstrations.
- System repairs.
- Continuous development and training; latest software updates, hardware updates.
- Production of customer samples
- Support with customer demonstrations.
Technical Support (in the field)
- Visit customers to perform routine service and maintenance check-ups.
- Respond to call outs to repair faulty systems.
- Provide customer training on systems.
- Conduct on site installations, and occasionally demonstrations and trials.
- Ideally have previous experience of working in a similar capacity e.g. Technical Support Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, IT Support, Electrical Technician, IT Helpdesk, Field Service Engineer, Network Engineer, Electromechanical Engineer.
- Good IT skills required including Microsoft office. Experience of using installing / configuring software would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Naturally inquisitive with technical ability.
- Have a real thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to remain calm and work to deadlines.
- Relishes responsibility, is confident, humble and honest.
If you’d like to be part of this exciting growth journey, then please apply, attaching your CV!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'