Job Title: Workshop Technician - Air Pollution Equipment
Location: Near Bishop's Stortford, Herts
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 based on experience
My client is looking for an electro-mechanical technician to their team based near Bishops Stortford, helping with the manufacture and assembly of air pollution monitoring equipment. If you're looking for a progressive career, where you can learn a range of skills on the job (from electronics, test and measurement through to mechanical assembly) in a super friendly environment then this could be a great role for you.
The Role of Workshop Technician:
You will play a crucial role in their growing team, mainly responsible for:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies from drawings
- Testing / commissioning of electro-mechanical assemblies using custom in-house test suites
- Assembly and test of complete air pollution systems
- Management of stock and the workshop area
To be successful for the role of Workshop Technician:
- Using of measurement equipment (eg calipers)
- Soldering skills
- Cable assembly skills (use of crimp tools, wire cutters and associated hand tools)
- Using test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Keeping a lab stocked with components and tools, and keeping lab tidy
- Management / maintenance of test and measurement equipment
You will need to have (or be working towards) a relevant NVQ / BTEC qualification, at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools, including Excel.
The package for the role of Workshop Technician:
£18,000 to £20,000 dependent upon experience and a great benefits package (including pension scheme & private healthcare). On top of that, you'll be joining a family friendly company with a culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork.
To apply, please follow the onscreen instructions quoting reference RA12145 and explain why the role appeals to you and your required salary.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"