An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Technician to work in a rewarding role in the County Durham area. Our client are specialists in their field of design and manufacturing. If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Due to increased sales we require an additional Mechanical Technician, the position will be mainly workshop based at County Durham; however, there may be some degree of travel required from time to time.
- Main duties are to offer telephone / E Mail advice to our service dealer network and end consumers and keeping relevant computer records.
- Duties will include the repair and maintenance of many types of equipment used in the industry.
- Supporting the After Sales Manager and the After Sales Team in all aspects of After Sales support for the UK
- Providing technical support on the help desk for client dealers.
- Answering end consumer questions via E Mail.
- Evaluating and repairing machines returned to the workshop.
- Reworking bonded products when required.
- Develop technical support systems for product training.
- Communicate to the Sales Teams or categories regarding any technical issues and status.
- Installations and technical support.
- The candidate must have at least experience in the industry and be fully competent in the repair/servicing of all types of equipment.
- Being able to clearly explain technical issues to clients
- Being able to write comprehensive reports
- Preferably, you will be qualified to "GCSE" / A level or above in Maths / Physics or other Engineering discipline (Other suitable background or qualifications could be considered)
- You will have excellent communication and organisational skills, good grammar and be PC literate.
- A good knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- A clean, current driving license is required