Workshop Technician/HGV Mechanic (Mechanical) £14.50p/h Basic & Overtime, strong pension, life assurance, flexible benefits , North London
We are currently recruiting a Workshop Technician (Mechanical) to be based out of a workshop based in Clacton-on-Sea. The Workshop Technician (Mechanical) represents an excellent opportunity to come in to a world leading, multi billion organisation where there is real opportunity to progress.
This is day shift based, Working days between 8am - 6pm, with shifts due to change to days in the near future!
The Workshop Technician (Mechanical) is based on a workshop site where you will be inspecting, inspecting and servicing a fleet of vehicles, includingh RCVs, Skip trucks, Hook loaders, Roll On Roll Off Trucks, Sweepers, etc.
You will prepare for the MOTs and make sure all vehicles are safe and running properly.
- Inspect and service all vehicles, plant and equipment in line with manufacturer minimum standards
- Carry out vehicle safety inspection in line with group fleet policy
- Maintain, prepare and present vehicles for annual MOT testing
- Required to complete all aspects of vehicle inspection documentation in line with group fleet compliance policy
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to QHSE obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your work place
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
The Workshop Technician (Mechanical) role is for an established mechanical professional who has maintained HGVs before. You will be carrying out overhauls so knowledge to that level is essential.
- NVQ Level 2 in HGV mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering qualification
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine; Gearbox; Braking systems)
- Specialist skills ( Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics: Electrical systems )
This is working with a multi billion pound blue-chip organisation who invest heavily in their staff with excellent careers.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Cordant Group is an Equal Opportunities employment agency, and as such encourage applications from all sections of the community.
- HGV maintenance
- PSV maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job