Working this leading mechanical engineering business, who specialises in rotating equipment and electrical motors, they are seeking an experienced Workshop Supervisor from a manual or conventional machinist background.
You will assist the Workshop Manager in the running of the Mechanical Services Workshop and will ensure that the highest level of quality is achieved with all jobs done by machine operatives in line with the Company’s commitment to ensuring best practice engineering. Your role will involve: -
- Supervise and provide technical support to workshop operatives
- Ensure that the correct workshop procedures are being carried out on shop floor
- Allocate jobs to operatives and monitor progress including job times in line with quotation
- Monitor and inspect all jobs in progress at key stages and prior to delivery; ensure all findings are adequately recorded
- Estimate and price all onsite and off-site jobs
- Ensure ordering materials and job bookings are passed to appropriate clerk within normal hours
- Ensure all training records for operatives are maintained
- Deputise for Workshop Manager when required and take responsibility for all workshop activity
- Take part in Saturday morning supervision rota.
- Ensure that the calibration of measuring equipment is current
- Admin: Customer/supplier correspondence, job photo upload, reports and costing/preparing quotations where required, including the booking in of jobs.
- Site: attend site to cost or carry out site work as deemed necessary by workshop workload.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups is in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Manage health & safety
To apply you must have:
- The Mechanical Shop Supervisor should be a time-served machinist (conventional or manual - not CNC) and must have experience across a range of machining processes, including but not limited to: turning, milling, horizontal and vertical boring, grinding, welding, fabrication. (essential)
- Supervisory experience in a conventional machine shop/service department. Numerate and literate. Computer literate including MS Excel and Word. Commercially astute. (essential)
- Mechanical engineering background Cost estimating, Management by KPI, Training, Staff Development (essential)
- Cost estimating, Management by KPI, Training, Staff Development experience (desirable)
Please note candidates without relevant experience will not be considered!
- Mechanical Engineering
- Supervisory Experience
- CNC Machine
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'