Main Purpose of the Job
We are the UK’s leading provider of commercial vehicle rental, maintenance and dedicated delivery solutions. With 24 high performing workshops located across the UK, we are currently seeking a further HGV experienced, Workshop Supervisor to join our passionate team. This is a brilliant opportunity for an existing Workshop Supervisor/Foreman and career hungry Technicians, with 4/5 years of experience eager to take on a new challenge within a large business, having already taken on various responsibilities.
The Workshop Supervisor will manage the routine operation of the workshop, liaising with customers and developing our technicians to meet our market leading service levels. You’ll be working with the best equipment and tools in the market.
We’re seeking technically trained professionals within the industry with a positive attitude and excellent leadership skills. It is imperative you have good customer service skills and have the ability to motivate the team to achieve productivity and efficiency targets. With high emphasis on Health & Safety, we operate in a process driven environment.
If you are seeking progression within a large business and career development, we want to hear from you! We have great induction and upskill programmes. With a demonstrable background in a HGV technical environment, you will have experience of supervising shop floor workforces or taken on responsibility and driven productivity.
- Responsible for the routine operation of the workshop in terms of efficiency, cost containment, customer service levels, maintenance standards and safety performance.
- Organise workshop workload ensuring company quality and efficiency standards are achieved.
- Supervises workshop employees and monitors performance levels.
- Ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are actively followed.
- Control maintenance expenditure and identify maintenance cost savings and performance improvement opportunities.
- Provide proactive advice and support to customers to assist them in safe and cost effective operation of vehicles.
- Ensure a highly productive and motivated workforce dedicated to high quality vehicle maintenance.
Key Specialist Knowledge
- 9-10 years’ experience in the trade.
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experience or proven accountability at a relevant, mentoring level.
- Relevant experience in commercial vehicle repair and maintenance. Ideally retail dealership background.
- Engineering qualification (likely to be gained in an LGV environment) achieved through a recognised formal training programme.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3.
- Full UK Driving Licence- HGV preferable.
Key Specialist Skills
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and verbal communication.
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience.
- Strong technical/maintenance background.
- Strong organisation skills/time management.
- IT literacy including MS Word, MS Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"