Role: Workshop Supervisor
Sector: Plant Attachments / Plant Hire
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000
Well-established plant hire company looking for an experienced Workshop Supervisor / Foreman / Manager to oversee their busy plant attachments depot in Slough, Berkshire.
Workshop Supervisor Job Description:
- Working as part of a team, organising, overseeing and assisting in the maintenance of a wide range of plant attachments: compaction plates, crusher buckets, demolition grabs, hydraulic breakers, pulverisers etc.
- The successful candidate will have worked in similar environments in the past with proven track record
- Working closely with senior management and sales staff to become a key member of the team and assist in achieving company growth and professional performance
- A good knowledge of mechanical engineering procedures, hydraulic equipment systems and components, plant equipment, small tools etc.
- Specific product training will be given
Workshop Foreman Responsibilities:
- Ensure that no more than 5% of the total fleet holding at the depot should be under repair at any time
- Ensure consistent availability of Top 50 items of equipment
- Ordering of parts and spares within authorised limits
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is repaired, serviced and cleaned before every hire.
- Implement a planned maintenance programme to ensure that adequate servicing takes place reducing downtime and repair costs
- Ensure that any plant under repair is separated from plant ready for hire and clearly labelled with all relevant details which will assist future completion
- Implement and maintain an appliance testing system covering all relevant plant, ensuring that it complies with all current legislation. Also ensure that an accurate and up to date record is kept of all testing and that the plant attachments are labelled correctly
- Ensure that all company vehicles are maintained in accordance with manufacturers' instructions. A planned maintenance programme should be devised for each vehicle and displayed on a suitable wall chart
- It is essential that complete and accurate records be kept of all servicing and repairs carried out on selected product groups in the hire fleet, and on company vehicles
- A system for monitoring plant breakdowns should be maintained and regularly assessed
- Maintain a system of inspection of all off hired plant attachments to identify damages and shortages that should be charged to customers
- The workshop and yard area must be kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times
- Review and establish the training needs of workshop staff and where appropriate provide one to one coaching
- Ensure adequate staff cover at all times by vetting holiday requests and monitoring weekend attendance
- In consultation with General Manager, review staff performance and workshop efficiency
- Ensure best safe working practices are adhered to at all times and that appropriate PPE is being worn by all staff
- Report all incidents/accidents
Salary up to £33,000 depending on experience.
For further information on this Workshop Supervisor / Foreman position please apply online and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'