As Workshop Assistant - Assembly within our Wellbore Technologies division, Stonehouse, you will be challenged with a variety of mechanical tasks with the main focus on assembling diamond cutters into drill bits. You should come from a hands on Mechanical assembly background and be well versed in assembling from blue prints whilst adhering to NOV HSE standards at all times. You will be keen to take on challenges, develop your leadership and or skills potential, as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
• Assembling components to engineering drawings
• Torch brazing using oxy/acetylene
• Use of hand held grinding tools and Erfurt grinders
• Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Ensure a high standard of professionalism is maintained and that customer care is foremost
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department
• Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy
• Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
• Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions
undertaken are in full compliance at all times
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in an engineering related discipline or equivalent vocational training
- Working knowledge within an engineering environment
- Working knowledge of mechanical assemblyComputer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook) Ability to read engineering drawings
- HNC/HND in an engineering related subject
- Microsoft Office
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'