We are looking for a multi-skilled assembly operative to join a manufacturing firm in Maldon, Essex.
Primary responsibilities include a variety of workshop duties such as preparing parts for assembly and finished units for dispatch. Operating machinery, drilling, sawing, use of various hand tools etc.
This is a full time permanent role subject to a successful 3 month review.
There is a competitive salary on offer dependent on experience of the successful applicant.
- Working from instructions to identify and match parts against lists, purchase orders and engineering drawings
- Ensuring work is carried out in a timely manner
- Check material and components
- Assist in the fitting and assembly workshop as required
- Packing and wrapping units with appropriate packing to secure loads for shipments
- Fill in and/or apply prepared labels to shipments
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Keen eye for detail
- Able to work to strict schedules /deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience of packing and general goods inward procedures
- Experienced in the use of general workshop machinery and hand tools
- Ability to assemble equipment under instruction
- Must be physically fit as the role will involve some heavy lifting
- Good IT skills
Anyone who has worked as a fitter or mechanical assembler would be of interest!
If you think this role could be for you but would like some further information then please contact Carl at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days your application for this position has been unsuccessful.