Location: Markfield House, Tottenham
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 7am to 5.30pm, Saturday - 7am to 1pm
Purpose of the Workshop Manager:
To oversee and manage the daily activities of the workshop, ensuring efficiency, maintenance standards and safety performance. Monitor and organise workload ensuring that company standards and legislative standards are met. To put in place new systems, procedures and competencies to drive the service forward.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Manager:
- Responsible for managing all aspects and daily activities within the workshop and to ensure its safe and effective operation
- Full responsibility of pre-inspection prior to MOT
- Oversee inspections/servicing/repairs on company vehicles and equipment to company standards
- Ensure company documentation relating to service/repair reporting is completed correctly and on time
- Manage quotes systems and observe good practice in operating databases
- Ensure the operation of workshop facilities and equipment is undertaken safely and in accordance with Company and legislative requirements
- Ensure all shifts are covered in line with Health & Safety and company requirements
- Ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are actively followed and maintain a high level safety culture
- Ensure, as far as possible, that clean, reliable and roadworthy vehicles are available to be allocated throughout the working day
- Ensure that lost mileage is kept to a minimum by planning ahead and having effective scheduling systems in place
- Ensure maximum vehicle reliability and uptime
- Devise key performance indicators and ensure that they are met and exceeded
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle/equipment, the workshop and surrounding areas is maintained
- Ensure that staff report unsafe or defective plant tools, equipment, PPE practices and all other potential hazards
- Monitor any accidents, liaising with the Managing Director and Insurance Department
- Continuously review performance and introduce new ideas to improve the function and business outcomes.
- Provide all engineering services within the financial parameters of the workshop budget and key performance indicators and identify any areas for improvement
- Manage the performance of workshop staff, including appraisals, standard setting, training & development and promote excellence.
- Follow company HR/employment procedures, with responsibility for staff recruitment, including checking references and inducting new staff effectively
- Ensure staff are clear about the standards required and put systems in place to check work quality and achievement of targets.
- Follow disciplinary and grievance procedures when required
- Ensure staff complete weekly timesheets and that they are collected and checked.
Requirements of the Workshop Manager:
- Full UK driving licence
- HGV Class 1 or 2 licence is desirable
- Engineering qualification (HNC/C&G) gained in HGV environment
- COTC Level 4 qualification
- Health & Safety training & certification e.g. IBOSH or NEBOSH (desired).
*The Company operates a competency based performance review scheme based on national occupational standards. All employees are appraised on the basis of performance indicators, skills & behaviours relevant to their job role & linked to the Company’s key performance indicators. An introduction to the Company’s performance review scheme & its employee development programme forms part of each employee’s induction
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Workshop Manager role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job