Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a good knowledge of hydraulics and electrical circuits to join our team as a Workshop Engineer. If you enjoy engineering, fault finding and resolving engineering issues this role is for you. The main part of this role will be to strip and rebuild all machinery in the product range ensuring quality, productivity, environmental and safety standards are maintained in line with phs's procedures.
About phs Wastekit
phs Wastekit offers a whole service solution to help businesses reduce their waste disposal costs. As well as supplying high quality baler and compactor machines, we offer servicing, maintenance and accessories suitable for all types of machine across the UK.
* Shall have good fault-finding and diagnostic skills
* To be able to understand hydraulic and electrical circuit diagrams.
* Will be able to show and apply sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles
* Be able to use and understand various electrical and hydraulic test equipment
* To pass on any technical knowledge that may help other engineers.
* Use good engineering practice and standards always.
* Update engineering knowledge when able.
* Always use cost effective but safe measures to carry out tasks
* Can work with the minimum of supervision
* To attend meetings and training courses as required by your Line Manager.
Desirable Knowledge and Qualifications
* Ideally from a service engineering /electrical, hydraulic or mechanical workshop background. With an ability to demonstrate the skill of fault finding.
* Electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualifications.
* Competent in the use of electrical and hydraulic test equipment.
* A sound knowledge of single and three phase electrical equipment and hydraulic circuits.
* Competent to work on electrical and hydraulic circuits
* A mature disciplined approach
Records and Documentation
* To liaise with the Supervisor/Manager daily, planning your working day accordingly.
* To complete all paperwork clearly according to the company procedures, accurately recording information on the Job-sheets (used parts, new and refurb), Timesheets and completed by the end of the working day.
* To maintain and use company issued equipment and vehicles in a safe manner.
* Ensure correct uniform is worn and kept in clean condition and always use PPE when it is required
* Work towards targets set by the Workshop Manager.
* To maintain confidentiality and use discretion always
* To attend training courses as agreed with your Manager.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'