Humber Recruitment is looking for a Workshop Engineer to be based in Immingham for our client, a major international company.
The purpose of the job is to effectively diagnose problems and repair heavy plant machinery to a high level of customer satisfaction.
To apply you should have a formal engineering qualification in plant or HGV mechanics. This should be backed up by relevant experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy plant; including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electronics.
The main duties and responsibilities for this position include;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out Pre- delivery inspections on all machines ensuring each machine is checked as per PDIchecklist, ensuring the list is completed diligently, carrying out all the checks and function tests on each machine that is prepared.
- Carry out the local preparation required as per works order, including the fitting of Q/fits, Vandal guards, X3Hydraulics’, X1 Hydraulic kits, Boom suspension, 3rd line and attachment locking hydraulics various, including other numerous optional extras required
- To ensure all machines are checked & tested, keeping a keen eye to detail & ensuring only high standards and quality work is carried out at all times.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal Construction Plant/similar or proven experience.
- IT skills (word, outlook, excel)
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy, with excellent attendance & timekeeping
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to balance systematic working with flexibility.
- Full driving licence and good driving record.
- A cheerful, co-operative and self motivated approach.
- Understanding of improvement
Hours - 38.5 plus overtime
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,500.00 /year
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Heavy Plant Equipment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'