Humber Recruitment is looking for a Workshop Engineer to be based in Immingham for our client, a major international company.
The purpose of the job is to effectively diagnose problems and repair heavy plant machinery to a high level of customer satisfaction.
To apply you should have a formal engineering qualification in plant or HGV mechanics. This should be backed up by relevant experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy plant; including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electronics.
The main duties and responsibilities for this position include;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out Pre- delivery inspections on all machines ensuring each machine is checked as per PDIchecklist, ensuring the list is completed diligently, carrying out all the checks and function tests on each machine that is prepared.
- Carry out the local preparation required as per works order, including the fitting of Q/fits, Vandal guards, X3Hydraulics’, X1 Hydraulic kits, Boom suspension, 3rd line and attachment locking hydraulics various, including other numerous optional extra’s required
- To ensure all machines are checked & tested, keeping a keen eye to detail & ensuring only high standards and quality work is carried out at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable instructions, quickly, efficiently and in a positive manner.
- To liaise with the Workshop Supervisor about the work to be carried out on each machine required for preparation. And to work within given time limits.
- To ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in the workshop and yard area at all times
- To conduct oneself in a courteous, orderly & responsible manner at all times.
- To observe and comply with company rules and conditions at all times.
- To in conjunction with the NMP Workshop Supervisor / NMP Leading Hand, monitor and ensure that safe working practices in line with the Company Health & Safety rules are adhered to in the workshop areas and to conduct periodic Health & Safety inspections in line with Company H&S system.
- To carry out any other duties deemed necessary by the NMP Workshop Supervisor/Depot manager.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEEssential :
- Formal Construction Plant/similar or proven experience.
- IT skills (word, outlook, excel)
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy, with excellent attendance & timekeeping
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to balance systematic working with flexibility.
- Full driving licence and good driving record.
- A cheerful, co-operative and self motivated approach.
- Understanding of improvement
Hours - 38.5 plus overtime
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,500.00 /year
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Heavy Plant Equipment