Due to expansion, we are recruiting for a number of Workshop Engineers on behalf of our client. We are looking to recruit for someone who will be responsible for repairing, maintaining materials and handling equipment to a professional standard. The role will report to the Workshop Team Leader.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Carry out planned maintenance to pre-determined schedules and document fully.
- Carry out rebuilds on all Linde trucks.
- Identify faulty or sub-standard equipment through the use of industry expertise, diagnostic software, Guidance Notes (GN's) and/or specialist advice.
- Inspect lifting chains & forks in accordance with relevant GN's.
- Ensure all safety related guards and protective circuits are functional.
- Compile reports detailed damage &/or abuse.
- Complete & document final inspection reports following any work carried out.
- Complete Pre-delivery Inspections in conjunction with works order form.
- Identify spare parts through the use of LSG or appropriate pats lists.
- Compile parts orders, submit to parts dept and expedite where applicable.
- Complete weekly activity sheet and submit within published timescale.
- Observe Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- Report all accidents and near miss events as required.
- Observe workshop housekeeping rules.
- Maintain a clean & orderly working area including common areas (wash-bay, welding bay & machine tools)
- Dispose of waste oils, lubricants and contaminated waste appropriately.
- Observe speed limits and operate equipment in accordance with FTT requirements.
- Ensure all PPE is worn as required, maintained to safe standard & replaced accordingly
40 hours per week, must be flexible on hours worked. Must be able to do call out when required. Salary is up to £28,500 per annum. 25 days holiday. Immediate start.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job