Our client is a manufacturing company who are a market leader in their niche sector.
As part of our continued growth strategy we are looking to expand our team and require enthusiastic weighing engineers (field and workshop) to work from our new facility based in Tyne and Wear.
- Reporting into the Service Manager, this position offers a split role between workshop based fault finding, repair, testing and off-site service work.
- Workshop work will include hands on based assembling, setting up, fault finding, repair, calibration and weight testing.
- Service work will include travelling to customers premises to setup, test or install weighing machines with direct customer communication and the responsibility of fault finding and solving real time issues on site.
- Completion of calibration certificates, managing goods in and out, stock control and workflow within the workshop will also form part of your weekly routine.
- The testing of weighing equipment is physical and requires lifting of weights on a daily basis.
- A confident common-sense problem solver with excellent people skills
- Must have electro-mechanical engineering skills
- Must be flexible working in a workshop and field service role
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Able to work as part of a team or alone using own initiative
- The ability to focus on deadlines, quality and accuracy.
- Ideally you will have experience in the weighing industry and a good understanding of quality management systems.