Our client is looking for a Workshop Engineer to start with immediate effect to join their established Waste Management Environmental services company. NOTE: The Engineer should supply his/her own basic tool kit.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Duties include the repairs to all types of vehicles, plant and any other work to do with the service
- Must hold a current driving licence
- Ensure that company uniform is work at the commencement and throughout your period of duty. Special attention is to be paid to PPE
- Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team
- Required to perform any duties deemed necessary by your supervisory, ensuring that current standards are maintained, utilizing both internal and external resources
- All workshop tools, personal tools and welding equipment must be secured and where possible locked away each night. Welding and electrical equipment should be turned off and left in a safe condition
- Nothing left on or around benches, unless to do with work
- Required to complete a daily worksheet for vehicle and plant maintenance - completed forms must be given to the supervisor by the end of the shift
- To be aware of your obligations under the Health & Safety at work Act, 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your place of work as an engineer
- To participate in the development of the business, by active involvement in the company environmental services policy and procedures to training. Enabling you to be equipped with the necessary skills to carry out your duties to the required standards
- Perform duties in efficient and effective manner that will ensure maximum productivity. Ensure that the task is completed to schedule. Any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to the Supervisor
- To maintain a courteous and professional relationship with members of Client staff and colleagues
- Aware the of the Company's commitment to the ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 Quality system and in particular understand your responsibility to maintain the system with respect to your duties.
- Five years practical experience and apprentice trained, time served as a mechanical fitter
- Efficient in the following tasks: LGV Driver Qualified, Taking vehicles to MOT testing, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Welding, Hydraulics
- The ideal person will be flexible and have an enthusiastic approach to working in sometimes adverse conditions will be expected
- Able to work on own initiative and must hold a current full driving licence
- The ability to ensure the delivery of high levels of customer services is also essential in this role
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising with the customers and colleagues.
This is a temp to perm position with immediate start - 45 Hrs week @ £14.50 per
M4 Recruitment Limited is an employment business and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Authority to issue an advertisement in respect of the above mentioned position has been obtained from the hirer concerned.
We also have a number of unadvertised opportunities across the UK within the Automotive, Commercial, Logistics & Supply Chain and Sales sectors.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job