Workshop Engineer - Braintree
Workshop Engineer required to join established, manufacturer of castings and sheet metal fabrications based in the Braintree area. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in manual metal fabrication workshop production however, this is in no way essential.
Workshop Engineer Position Overview
My client is a manufacturer of castings and sheet metal fabrications destined for the Rail, Defence and other Heavy Industries. One of few manufacturers in the UK that produce these materials, my client has a large and continuous order book and require a Manual Machinist to join their workshop team. Please note that all PPE is provided and washed by my client.
Duties will include:
- General Workshop duties; use of manual and handheld tools.
- Operation of various manual machines related to Turning, Boring and Milling.
- Working well both as a team and individually under own initiative.
- Working towards current Health and Safety guidelines.
- Promoting good housekeeping and ensuring a safe working environment.
Workshop Engineer Position Requirements
- At least 1 years experience within manual machining in a workshop environment desirable but not essential.
- Ability to use manual production machines such as Manual Turning, Boring and Milling machines is advantageous.
- The successful candidate must keep to and respect Health and Safety standards.
- Must have a hard working attitude.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly.
- A willing to learn attitude.
- Based within a commutable distance of Braintree.
Workshop Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary: £16,000 - £18,000(Dependent on Experience)
- 30 Days Inc. Bank Holidays
- Monthly Production Based Bonus
- 39Hr Week
- Overtime available
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job