As a Workshop Controller for Swansway, you’ll work with the Aftersales Manager to deliver a high level of productivity and an excellent standard of first-time repair, while making sure you always maintain a clean, safe and professional workshop.
The role will be to oversee and manage daily workloads for the Technician team and support the front of house team to manage expectations to maximise the efficiency and performance of the workshop. You will be required to constantly review processes to ensure we achieve the highest levels of quality, housekeeping, health and safety and productivity.
Day to day you will allocate work to the team and monitor performance, you will assist and troubleshoot with complex jobs and motivate the team to achieve daily targetsMore about the role:
- Managing and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met
- Allocating working within the team
- Making sure all servicing work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind
- Ensuring that all your working practices comply with company, DVSA, health and safety and manufacturer policy
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges and finding the right outcome
- Accurately recording technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations
- Working with Service Advisors to ensure service standards with customers are met
- 2 years experience in a Senior Technician role or currently a Workshop Controller in a franchised dealership?
- Team player and the ability to motivate a team
- Excellent communicator, ability to work with Service Advisors and Technicians
Founded in 2003 by Michael Smyth and his three sons, David, Peter and John, Swansway has grown from five motor dealerships in Cheshire and the West Midlands to the 20 dealerships we have today. From Birmingham in the South to Carlisle in the North we partner with eleven brands including; Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Honda and many more.
We’re expanding our own-brand, Motor Match our used sites, and we don’t stop at dealerships; we operate four Volkswagen Group Trade Part Centres, an Accident Repair Centre, a Group Fleet Sales Centre and an eBay shop re-cycling obsolete parts. All this is supported by our Head Office in Crewe.
But, it’s not what we do that makes us the company we are, it’s how we do it; it’s our family heritage that sets us apart, with the Smyth family playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the business; we genuinely care about our customers and our Swansway family and that makes us a great place to work. We live Our caring, honest and proud values which is why our long service boards are brimming with names who’ve been with us five, ten and fifteen years!Benefits of working for Swansway Group:
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance (death in service benefit)
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Long service recognition
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab
- Discounts on products and services
When you join Swansway, you’re joining a family; so, if you enjoy, and thrive, in an inclusive family atmosphere, apply to join us now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'