Our Plymouth based Accident Repair Specialistis seeking a Workshop Controller to join their accident repair centre.
Working as part of a team of specialists you will be responsible for organising the Bodyshop by controlling the flow of work across the team in an effective, efficient and fair manner. You are also responsible for the inspection of damaged vehicles, costing all repairs. You ultimately will ensure all Bodyshop tools and equipment are in good working order, control all waste materials, power and control the heating, having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment within it.
The Workshop Controller is also responsible for quality and ensuring all job cards are completed correctly
As Workshop Contoller you will be undertaking the following duties:
- To inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage sustained, assess the cost of repair and time scales
- Organise the bodyshop by controlling job start and finishing times and to be aware of the status of each job at all times, conducting daily progress meetings with bodyshop team members and reporting unexpected delays to the General Manager
- Make sure all the bodyshop tools and equipment are in good working order, control all waste materials, power and control the heating, having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment within it
- Ensure all job cards are completed corrected correctly and be ultimately responsible for shop floor discipline
- To liaise with all bodyshop Technicians and the Manager in respect of any quality issues Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the bodyshop as well as across other functional areas.
With a professional appearance we also require you to have experience of working as Bodyshop Controller, Workshop Manager or Quality Controller within a Car Dealership, Body Repairer or Crash Repair Centre. It is important for you to have knowledge of the automotive industry, be that dealership, accident repair, or sales. Naturally, due to the nature of the job you will need to have a full UK/EU Driving Licence and the relevant qualifications for the job (ATA, NVQ Level 3, or City and Guilds as well as experience in the accident repair environment).
If you want to learn more, please get in touch with one of the team today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"