£25-27k basic plus benefits
Our client, a prestige dealership in Cambridge, are looking to recruit a Workshop Controller to join their busy Service team. The Workshop Controller role is one of the busiest and most important roles within the Dealership and consists of assigning work to Vehicle Technicians to ensure the smooth running of the workshop.
The role will involve for ensuring all incoming work is planned as well as managing the time and resource of your team. Workshop Controllers assign technicians to tasks ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to. As a line manager you are responsible for performance management, coaching and development of the team. Quality checking, ordering of parts, audits and compliance as well as health and safety are also important aspects of this role.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
* Customer Satisfaction - assist management in implementing and maintaining effective processes to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction levels in excess of the manufacturer national average.
* Deliver gross profit in line with the business plan by maximising the number of hours sold, driving revenue per transaction, ensuring 100% adherence to the VHC process
* Workshop Loading - distribute and control the issue of work to the Technicians to maximise quality and overall efficiency.
* Liaising with the Parts department
* Ensure Manufacturer Franchise Warranty standards are met
* Health and Safety guidelines are adhered too at all times
For this role its essential you have a settled career history, ideally within a franchised motor retail environment. You will have an enviable and proven track record of performance with excellent organisational and communication skills. You will also have the ability to lead, coach and develop your team and know how to get the best out of people, so they perform to their highest level. You will also need to have a full, valid UK driving license.
For more information please call Kayleigh @ OSR on or email your CV confidentially to
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
- workshop controller/ workshop/ management/ service/ motor trade/ automotive
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job