We are a leading refrigerated vehicle rental company, with extensive operations both in the UK and across Europe and North Africa. Our fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans to larger vans, up to tractor units and trailers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Warrington Depot.
The role will require some work on weekend days, and you will be expected to join our out-of-hours call out service on a rota basis, to respond to breakdowns.
In return the company provides a package that includes 5 weeks holiday plus the 8 normal bank holidays, with the opportunity to earn up to 1 week of additional holiday based on length of service within the Company. As a progressive company, we also offer the opportunity to gain skills through additional training.
The outline job description for the role is as follows :
JOB PROFILEWorkshop Controller
Job Title Workshop Controller
Reporting to Workshop Manager / Depot General Manager
Summary of the role's main purpose
To assume accountability for mechanics and apprentices to provide a well maintained vehicle fleet and maintain a safe working environment. To work alongside the mechanics and apprentices, in order to develop and reinforce best workshop practices, and monitor the quality of workmanship. To assist in achieving annualised depot maintenance budget whilst adhering to company strategy and procedures. To proactively look at ways to improve the performance of the workshop team. To deputise for the Workshop Manager in their absence.
1.To have and maintain excellent knowledge of Transport Refrigeration, Mechanics and Electrics.
2.To work within and implement a policy of "preventative maintenance".
3.To be able to install any equipment to O.E.M. standards.
4.To ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
5.To manage the day to day operations of the workshop facility and staff.
6.To ensure that all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
7.Assessment of the workload requirements, job assignment to meet those requirements.
8.To monitor job sheets and quantification of time.
9.To ensure workshop equipment is maintained inline with legislation and company procedures.
10.To maintain inventory records for workshop equipment.
11.To ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
12.To oversee the procurement of parts.
13.To issue Kerridge Orders as authorized.
14.To assist in the ongoing training of mechanics and apprentices.
Measures of Success
* Achievement of expectations in line with the Petit Forestier Procedures.
* High "first time fix" rates.
* High levels of time spent by them on practical work within the workshop.
* Achievement of 100% Vehicle Inspections.
* Measured Productivity & Quality.
* Customer Satisfaction Index.
* Ongoing training of mechanics and apprentices.
* Staff Satisfaction Index.
Resources Available to the Job-Holder
* Workshop facility.
* Staffing inline with structure.
* Relevant in-house training.
Level of Decision-Making Authority
POWERS DEVOLVED: Decisions the jobholder can take.
* Technical recommendations.
POWERS WITHHELD: Decisions which must be referred elsewhere.
* Approval of changes to policies and procedures.
* Equipment purchasing and procurement.
* Maintenance spends over £250.
* Maintenance spend involving third parties.
Key Leadership Behaviours
* Planning and executing, communicating and influencing, accountability for results.
Key Technical Skills
* Operating knowledge of Kerridge System
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Excellent knowledge of transport refrigeration, mechanics & electrics.
* Full Driving Licence (preferably including full HGV entitlements).
* Appropriate technical qualifications.
* Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
* Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
* Planning and time management.
* Apprenticeship training as commercial fitter.
* Extensive experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
* City & Guilds levels 1 and 2.
* Some experience of managing a team.
* Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
* Strong PC literacy.
* Understanding of vehicle maintenance.
* Refrigeration experience.
* City & Guilds level 3.