Workshop based Plant Fitters x2
To be considered for this role it is essential that you are qualified to NVQ Level 3, and have experience of working on Heavy Plant Machinery such as Excavators, Loaders, and Dumpers etc.
Job Summary of the Plant Fitter:
To effectively and competently carry out diagnostics, service and repair of machinery in the Workshop, ensuring we deliver a first class service to both internal & external customers. To be responsible for seeking revenue opportunities and discuss these with customers, and your Line Manager.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
• To self-manage the service and repair construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment within the geographical area, maintaining safe working practices throughout.
• To identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment, offering guidance and advice to the customer.
• To carry out duties in a commercially focussed way, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions.
• To be the main point of contact for the customer, ensuring high levels of satisfaction through effective resolution of queries and regular communication on planned site visits and machine repair progress.
• To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management and customers where additional work may be required.
• Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
• In regards to company tooling (including but not limited to laptops, electronic timesheet, specialist tooling and lifting equipment), ensure defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training.
• Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
• Accurate completion of systems / paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, ERG’s)
• Complete PDA’s and electronic timesheet inputs in 'real time’ providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken.
• To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion, to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
• To assist and coach colleagues with technical support and guidance where necessary.
• To ensure a smart and professional appearance, wearing appropriate work wear and PPE, and to ensure housekeeping in your work area and van is of a high standard.
• Flexibility to work overtime as and when necessary and to honour reasonable call out requests.
• Attend any relevant product/systems training courses, staying away from home where required, to ensure a high standard of competence required to efficiently complete duties.
• Work in accordance with UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
• Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
Plant Fitter knowledge & experience:
Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
• A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (i.e. NVQ 3/C&G)
• Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant, including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrics.
Diagnostic and trouble shooting skills and comprehensive understanding of hydraulics, electrics etc.
• Desirable: Welding and fabrication
Key words: Fitter, Plant Fitter, Service Engineer, Mobile engineer, Construction machinery, Mechanical fitter, Mobile engineer, HGV, Agricultural engineer